Tuesday, November 2, 2010

God's Message Today, " I will hear and I will heal."



We had the good fortune to live in the South for a few years and there is an
abundance of charming covered bridges.  They are wonderfully picturesque
and I especially like this one today with its patriotic touch on such an especially
patriotic day.  May the best men and women have won. May we awaken
on November 3rd, to the sweet smell of success.

God's Message Today:  "I will hear and I will heal."

His promises to me:  "If my people, who are called by my name, will humble
themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then
I will hear from heaven and forgive their sins and heal their land."
(2 Chron. 7:14)

My response the the Word:  Well wow!!  Who is responsible for the
healing of the land?  "My people, who are called by my name."  I thought
it was somebody else's fault didn't you?  I didn't consider it might possibly
be my fault.  Am I doing the best I can?  Am I exhibiting the fruit of the
Spirit spoken about in Galatians 5:22, which is love, joy, peace, patience,
kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control?  That's
my calling, that's my part.

My prayer:  Heavenly Father,  I want to be all you have called me to be.
With your help and the Holy Spirit revealing to me the wicked ways I should
turn from, I will endeavour to be humble and seek your face and be part
the solution to the healing of this land instead of being part of the problem.
Thank you for making me aware and thank you for giving me the strength
I need to make the changes...for,  according to your Word.  "I can do
all things through Christ who strengthens me."  I believe your Word.

Today's Scriptures:  2 Chron.7:14; Gal. 5:22;  Phil. 4:13.

Wishing you a happy and productive day.

Nan









3 comments:

  1. Thanks Nan for such inspiring messages. I liked the fact that today, not only could I read (and listen) to today's message, I could also read and review yesterday's comments as well. Keep up the good word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think the blog is a good idea. but if you don't remind people they might not remember to check it out.

    i see a subscribe by email tag. i'll click that. nope, that emails comments. don't need that.

    blogspot has changed some since i was blogging weekly. jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this blog, I will be sending the link to it around, nice work!

    ReplyDelete